- Conference calls are normally:-
- Operator assisted
- Made via toll-free numbers
- Made via private conference numbers
We recommend Cogni Conference- at 9.9c/per leg and 16 available legs this is excellent value!
- Conference calls are charged as follows:-
- Per minute/per line
- Flat rate
- Flat rate user limited
- Flat rate after hours
- Flat rate after hours user limited
- Conference by Request
- Conference by Request Toll Free
Just 9.9c/leg in the USA!
Crystal Clear Connections!
- Planning your conference is essential. Here is a list of things to do prior to the event:-
- Before your call make a list of people.
- Before you call write out an agenda this should include follow up/progress on previous conference calls.
- Before you call make a personal key pointer list based on the agenda so you have a clear set of points to add or discuss within the Agenda.
- Set topic time limits.
- Send out reminders to attendees telephonic/e-mail/fax.
- Send out conference material to the attendees.
- Set a conference call time and date that is convenient to all parties.
- If the call is international verify that international service is available and is compatible.
- Get firm commitments that people will be attending.
- Arrange a guest speaker/moderator/facilitator/time keeper if required.
- Arrange transcription services if required.
- Arrange recording service if required.
- Arrange call on demand recording if required.
- Arrange presentation service if required.
- Test all the equipment prior to the conference call.
- Keep records/minutes on paper/mixed media and distribute them.
- Record questions asked and answer them.
- Tell your secretary, your reception and the switchboard that you don't want interruptions.
- Above all be prepared - the attendees time is valuable too!
- Conference call do's and don'ts. General etiquette and caveats.
- Don't use cordless,cellular or speaker phones.
- If you must use a speaker phone use a full digital duplex one for clarity
- Don't call from your car.
- Don't call from payphones or hotel lobbies.
- If you have to call from a payphone choose a big bank of phones or a secluded one.
- Introduce yourself each time you speak.
- If you are hosting introduce everyone with a short resume.
- pay phone use the hold or incoming call waiting facility.
- Switch off answering machines and music-on-hold.
- Switch off voice mail services and voice mail alerts.
- Make sure you are on time or early.
- Use the operator to contact late entrants so the flow isn't interrupted.
- pay phone interupt speakers.
- Address the participants personally by name.
- pay phone deviate from the agenda.
- Stick within the scheduled time limits.
- Occasionally ask a participant for an opinion. This keeps them on their toes.
- Use the "mute" button if you pay phone have to talk during the conference so as to reduce static and background noise.
- Use the "mute" button if you have to talk to someone in the office during a conference call.
- At the end thank all the participants for their contributions.
- End the conference properly and don't allow a few people to remain talking.